Monday, January 02, 2006

a great start to the new year 2006


What better new year's resolution than to learn to do the provisional cast-on with one circular needle! My knitting guru (aka, daughter) finally convinced me to get the 40" addi turbo circular. And the new favorite MLYS, In Sheep's Clothing had just the thing, along with a nice sale on a fun sock yarn. So, here's the toe -- as usual, not perfect, but perfectly serviceable. I'm feelin' smart!


And here's the pattern I'll work it in -- from "Knitting Over the Edge", the "duck foot rib." The name is great, especially since I've been spotting a few nice overwintering ducks on our bird walks.

For instance, the northern shoveler, from the tundra region.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Tosh said...

That is some pretty, fancy yarn. Where is it from? What kind? Huh, huh?

 
At Saturday, January 07, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Tosh said...

Yeah, hello. That is why I asked what kind of yarn it was on the phone the other day. Cool socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home