Tuesday, October 11, 2005

kitty pi



kitty pi is the lovely name of the knitted & felted cat bed that I'm making. This is the first time in 20 years (or so) that I'm using wool yarn. It's beautiful and soft so far. I can hardly wait to finish...and felt it.
Well, at http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm website, where the instructions reside, it says Noro Kureyon -- when I checked the Norwegian translation (what, you didn't know I read Norwegian?) -- it indicates Noro BIG Kureyon. Big difference!

Well, here's a picture of a pattern I'd love to make -- it's the sleeves to Catherine's beautiful sweater!
I'm just a dreamer. No waaay am I gonna take that on!!

Meanwhile, I'm helping Cometria with her Buttonhole Bag -- we really didn't like the technique of adding a stitch by knitting into the bar between stitches. We reverted back to knitting in the front and back of the stitch to increase. Upon calling my smart daughter, she confirmed yes of course, that's the only way to go. The other way produces big holes in the knitting! Feh! I guess knitting challenges are there to sharpen our wits, eh?

More later...

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Tosh said...

I found size 15 DP needles at Bollweaver. However, since I am now going to try and join the ranks of PWKWTC's (people who knit with two circulars), I didn't get them, instead buying another set of circulars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home